Some 40% of the key space suppliers are SMEs, who play a vital role alongside big firms within the French industry base through their cutting-edge expertise, their impressive ability to innovate and their gret agility.
With a view to promoting the excellent work they do for the agency’s programmes, CNES offers key SME space suppliers an accreditation scheme for a broad range of products and services encompassing launchers, orbital systems, ground segments, satellites, balloons and spaceplanes. Accredited products or services must have proven their effectiveness—for example, at least one product in the range must have matured to a technology readiness level (TRL) of at least 6—and have business development potential.
The CNES-SME label scheme initiated at the start of this year is overseen by an inter-directorate accreditation committee led by the agency’s Procurement, Sales & Legal Affairs Directorate (DAJ), and by the cognizant technical departments within its other directorates. Activities submitted for accreditation are evaluated according to a range of criteria, chiefly their excellence in developing a type of product or their expertise related to a specific service.
list of labels
- Onboard artificial intelligence (deep learning at the edge)
- Miniature and high-performance antennas for satellite constellations
- Piezoelectric and electromagnetic space mechanism for scientific and earth observation instruments
- Electrical ground support equipment (EGSE)
- Expertise in the qualification of MIL-STD-1553 communication bus interfaces
- Tests, analyses & expertise on space equipm (electronic boards / component and mechanical parts)
- Design and production of space flight electronics for platforms and payloads (computing units, power control and distribution units, front end electronic equipment, processing and data handling equipment)
- 30-kg-class smallsat provider
- Harness for satellites and launchers (design, manufacturing and integration)
Hensoldt space consulting
- Product assurance (hardware and software)
- Expertise in Earth-observation algorithms (image quality, physics of signal, calibartion & in-orbit tests, sensor geometry, light image processing chains)
- Expertise in vision-based localization for space robotics (planetary and orbital)
- Design, manufacturing and application of coatings for satellites and launchers
- Mechanical and structural expertise
- Prime contractor of mechanichal and thermal subsystems for platform and payload
- Manufacturing of high-dimensional-accuracy products for radio frequencies on THz range
- Ground test facilities for satellites and launchers
- Space electronics equipments (on-board computers, payload data handling, mass memory, ICU, new-space electronics, power units, proximity / front-end electronics, communication interface boards, electronic board manufacturing)